CORE has successfully completed another project for Marshall Commercial Development Projects Ltd, underlining its firm relationship with commercial developer and construction company.
Located near Widnes, the scheme comprises a former manufacturing facility on 40 acres which has been demolished and site remediation works undertaken by CORE to provide an ‘oven ready’ strategic development site.
The area of the site covers 150,000m2. CORE’s contract included:-
• Removal of all vegetation and disposal of topsoil – circa 90,000m2
• Construction of new Spine Road with footpath/cycle-way
• Installation of drainage, street lighting, road signs
• Highway tie in
• Remediation works to comprise break out and crush for reuse tarmac and concrete (circa 45,000m2) and removal of contaminated waste / bio-remediate (approx. 6,000m3)
• Excavation and processing of relict foundations measuring 20,000m3
• Removal of all redundant drainage/pipework/existing services
CORE’s Operations Manager, Sean Lawlor, said: “This has been a challenging and rewarding project. Due to our existing relationship, we had a very good grasp of what the client needed with this project and I am grateful to our team and supply chain, who worked tirelessly to deliver a first-class job.”