This is an excellent opportunity to join CORE, based in Leeds at our Head Office in Thorpe Park..
Detailed Job Description
Reporting into the CORE Managing Director, you will be responsible for running CORE’s accounting function. As a key leader in the finance function, you will have exposure up to board level and be expected to be the ‘go to person’ for accounting issues across the business. It is expected that you will provide strong leadership to the central finance operation and add value by providing insightful information and analysis. Specifically, the role will be accountable for CORE’s external and internal reporting and analytics, leading quarterly reviews with the MD, monthly, quarterly and annual close, including year end requirements, managing the audit relationship and controlling central costs.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
– Co-ordinating CORE’s financial reporting and managing the monthly close, forecast and detailed variance analysis
– Leading all external reporting, including financial statements and bank reporting
– Working closely with the Group Accountant to provide monthly cash flow reporting and forecasts
– Responsibility for monthly, quarterly and year-end accounting processes and statutory accounts
– Managing company-wide accounting policies and procedures and maintaining the companies accounting manual
– Acting as business partner to functional heads to help them manage and control their expenditure and budgets
– Leading the central processing team, central accounting team and consolidation team (2 people in total)
– Maintaining and developing the business reporting package
This opportunity is an excellent entry point into CORE and will open up opportunities to further your career in the wider finance function, either in other group roles or operational or commercial finance roles.
You will be a qualified Accountant with experience of managing the accounting function in a business.
Exposure to construction accounting would be advantageous.
Whilst it is expected that you will have up to date knowledge of accounting principles and standards, you will also be expected to be a strong people manager, capable of managing a small team and of influencing at all levels.
Prior exposure to systems development and maintenance would be useful.
The role requires an individual who thrives under pressure, is able to hit tight deadlines and who displays discretion and the ability to deal with sensitive information. As stated above, whilst there is a need for an individual with strong technical accounting skills and knowledge, the role requires a rounded person who is able to combine this with strong analytical, leadership and influencing skills. You must be comfortable with change and be the type of person who is constantly looking to drive innovation.
Contact our Head Office on 0113 232 8000 to submit your CV