- Commercial Development Projects Ltd (part of the Marshall Group)
- October 2017 - September 2018
- Form of Contract
- Infrastructure , Remediation
- Commercial Development
CDP Developments Ltd (part of the Marshall Group) awarded CORE an infrastructure contract covering remediation works at a former factory site in Widnes. The remediation works were put out to competitive tender with CORE, experts in civil engineering and remediation, ultimately chosen to provide a solution that could deliver and integrate with the planned construction programme.
The project included construction of a spine new road, S278 works, excavation and processing of significant quantity of relict slabs and foundations as well as disposal/treatment of contaminated material to allow for future development of the site.
The area of the site covers 150,000m2. CORE’s scope of works included:-
- Removal of all vegetation and disposal of topsoil – circa 90,000m2
- Construction of new Spine Road with footpath/cycle-way
- Installation of drainage, street lighting, road signs
- Highway tie in
- Remediation works to comprise break out and crush for reuse tarmac and concrete (circa 45,000m2) and removal of contaminated waste / bio-remediate (approx. 6,000m3)
- Excavation and processing of relict foundations measuring 20,000m3
- Removal of all redundant drainage/pipework/existing services